“Greet every saint in Christ Jesus…”
Smiles are underestimated in their power and value. In the Bible we are admonished to exhort, edify, encourage, and think highly of others over ourselves. Our “reservations” or choice to not involve ourselves much with people puts Him at a disadvantage for spreading His love and health benefits to ourselves and others.
Smiles are simple, but pack a powerful punch of positive fruit mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for ourselves and others. Here are some proven benefits of a smile:
- Smiles are attractive. I imagine our Savior walked around with a welcoming and loving smile to most people. By doing this, He was able to spread His love unto others.
- Smiles are contagious. Let’s face it, a person who smiles, brightens up a room spreading joy, cheer and happiness.
- Smiles relieve stress. Stress is easily seen in our faces. A smile reduces stress and prevents one from looking tired, overwhelmed, etc.
- Smiles boost your immune system. By smiling you improve the functioning of your immune system because you are more relaxed.
- Smiles lower blood pressure.
- Smiles release endorphins, natural pain killers and seratonin – all of which contribute to the “feel good” mood, and don’t you just want to keep feeling good?
So, next time you find yourself in a ” ‘tude-mood,” smile. Next time you see another in a ” ‘tude-mood,” smile. God died so we can enjoy life, and a simple smile goes a long way for you and for many. It cost nothing and it’s just what the body and the BODY needs…so, SMILE!
Throwing a BIG SMILE your way,