Update on AJ from her Daddy
AJ has been moved out of the STICU to the Trauma unit section of the hospital. We are grateful that she has been “downgraded” to this level for now. She had some great care there, and in all of her care she had requested the names of every person so that she can say hello to them personally, and thank them for their service. We are blessed by the hand-picked people in each part of this journey. God is faithful
She was washed down today and she was so grateful to feel clean. It certainly brightened her mood and lifted her spirits. She has been more alert and talkative than the past couple of days. This has sparked some intimate and godly revelations for her and us. Some of you may say that my daughter was very “Lucky;” however, we say she is very blessed. We don’t believe in “luck,” especially when you have The Lord God Almighty on your side; which if any of you saw the pictures of the car you would realize like us, that she was definitely being watched out for in so many ways. My wife had a conversation with her today, and she stated that her recovery was going to be a long process. My wife’s response was the following:
- Glass shattered and debris went everywhere including your face, head and other areas of your body – yet God saved your eyesight.
- Your vehicle hit a post and landed upside down and you had to have your forehead stitched up – yet God made it so that you did not suffer a concussion, swelling of the brain, a fractured skull, and you were alert giving instructions to the paramedics in how to contact your daddy.
- Your hand has suffered a de-gloving, and yet God made you able to move every single finger, including your broken pinky, and feel the sensations in them.
- Your L2 vertebrae is fractured along with your pelvis and right now they are not connected – yet God kept your nerves in tact so that you can wiggle your toes, feet, and feel sensations on each of them.
- Your car went airborne, but landed upside down without spinning into oncoming traffic – God created a supernatural barrier for you.
- You will suffer some, but with no paralysis, amputations, or limited mental capacity.
- The 4 months that you have to remain off of your legs pale in comparison to what the enemy could have stolen, but God, in His great mercy, saved you for greater purposes in mind.
As well, I know some are saying my family and I are having a string of “Bad luck, “but to us it is no surprise, the Bible says:
“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” -James 1:2-4
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have a peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” –Romans 5:1-5
Monday she is scheduled to have surgery on her pelvic area, but the time is unknown as of today. We have settled into her room and have read the letters she has received and put them up for her to see. She was overwhelmed at the outpouring as was her 5 year old brother at his. They both cried and stated the same exact words, “I didn’t know people loved me so much.”
So, thank you for loving on our daughter and us as we go through yet another fiery trial and journey of God’s hope and redemption. It is sincerely felt and strengthens us, and we are blessed by the family of God. AJ is in a lot of pain/ discomfort and the management of that pain is where we are at in this point of our journey. This is going to be a long process, but God is so good that this pales in comparison to what could have been and she is well aware of His grace and mercy. She is relying on His peace to get her through, and He is strengthening her inner man and healing her in the process.
- She is in a flat back position with little to no mobility in some areas. Please pray for her during this interim, as it is difficult to stay in a single position and not be able to move from waist down.
- Wisdom and management for her pain, and protection from any dependencies, as well as, protection from that interfering with her digestive system.
- Proper healing and cleaning of her arm/hand wound so that they will be able to perform procedure next week.
- Pelvic surgery team.
- Proper rest for her so that her body can heal, and adequate rest and strengthening from God for us and her boyfriend as we go through this journey with her.
- Our children are very close to one another, and they have expressed great sorrow over her trial mixed with in the saving of her life.
- Laurie’s mother and family, extended family and friends – comfort, peace and strength.
Thank you all for your love and support, and the pulling together of the Body, the love of God is felt and is overwhelming, but accomplishing its purpose through this all.