The surgery was a success and AJ is out with better than anticipated reports! Does that surprise us? No, because that is God’s faithfulness to His children.
Per the surgeon and at the care and power of our God, here is the PRAISE report:
- When the surgeon went inside to view her pelvis, he said, “It was more in tact than anticipated.”
- Her left side of the pelvis was crushed, as that was the driver’s side that hit the cement post and wrapped her driver’s side door around it.
- He aligned the left side of the pelvis with the right and he said that it aligned and went back into place beautifully.
- The surgery only required 1 pin! Therefore, there was no need for plates, nuts and bolts.
- She will be able to bend at the waist, move her legs and feet.
- She will not be able to bear weight on her legs for 3 months, and she will be in a wheelchair. He stated that we will need to know how to care for her and move her from wheelchair to chairs, beds, and other areas as needed.
- My husband asked if she was able to sit up, and he said, “Yes. She does have an L2 vertebrae fracture, but that will heal on its own, and she may not be able to sit up all the way just yet.”
- She will not be going back to ICU, she will be going back to the trauma room she was just in this morning.
We are beyond blessed by the news. This morning the Bible verses we had in our study were these:
“Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Messiah.” ~Philippians 3:13-14
“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are NEW. EVERY. MORNING; Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘therefore I will hope in Him.” ~Lamentations 3:22-24
“…that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Messiah that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Messiah throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” ~Ephesians 3:16-21
God truly did gave us new mercies, and His compassions failed us not. He did do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could have asked, thought, or imagined! Great is His faithfulness, and His love endures forever!
Thank you for rejoicing in this with us, and being a part of this journey. We love you all! Now, to heal and prepare for the next surgery on the de-gloving!
Peace and love to all!